Why I'm blogging

My photo
I was with the love of my life for nine years, eight months and sixteen days. We were married for 31 days. On our one month wedding anniversary, I discovered he had a girlfriend. I am now trying to navigate my life without him in it, and I don't quite know how to do it.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

20 days

I have known for 20 days now, and yes - I still love him.

I want our life back.

But I do not want him back as the person that he is now - a liar, a cheater, a betrayer of trust.

I want back the person that I loved for ten years, that I thought loved me.

The man that gave me butterflies in my stomach every time he walked in to a room.
The man I thought that I had married six weeks ago.

The man that proclaimed marriage vows in front of his family and closest friends.



He is not that man anymore.

He says he has changed - he's not the person I knew.

He's not the person that I loved.



There is no winning in this situation.

3 comments:

  1. He is not the love of your life. That person is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sad story... and a very sudden change. i agree with charlotte, you will find someone you will love even more and someone who will love you back! just dont give up, it will take time but you will be able to trust again, love again and to enjoy your life again! all the best from israel!

    ReplyDelete